This model is based on shared positions with several laboratories:
- Institut des Géosciences de l'Environnement
- Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann
- PACTE laboratory, for Social Sciences
In addition to these shared positions, people from several laboratories actively help to operate the shared infrastructures (whether those operated by GRICAD or those operated by other structures on the site, through mission letters established bilaterally between GRICAD and their home laboratory:
- Laboratoire Jean Kuntzmann (LJK)
- Institut des Sciences de la Terre (ISTerre)
- Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique (LiPhy)
- Institut de Planétologie et d'Astrophysique de Grenoble (IPAG)
- Observatoire des Sciences de l'Univers de Grenoble (OSUG)
- Direction des Systèmes d'Informations Mutualisés de l'UGA (DSIM ex-SIMSU)
- Grenoble Génie Electrique (G2ELAB) laboratory
- Département de Chimie Moléculaire (DCM)
- Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (LIG)
- Laboratoire de Physique Subatomique et Cosmologie (LPSC)
- the teaching component UFR Informatique Mathématiques et Mathématiques Appliquées (IM2AG)
The Unit is in very close contact with MaiMoSiNE,
Federal Research Structure at the interface of the university and companies whose main mission is
to promote multidisciplinary actions in the field of modelling, simulation and intensive computing.
MaiMoSiNE is in particular one of the seven regional platforms selected for the "Local and tailor-made support" component of the SiMSEO project, whose objective is to facilitate access to digital simulation and intensive computing for French SMEs. The SiMSEO program is coordinated nationally by Teratec and Genci. GRICAD supports MaiMoSiNE by providing material resources.
Finally, GRICAD has a privileged partnership with other structures providing digital services on the site:
- IT Department of UGA establishments ( DGDSI UGA and DSI Grenoble-INP),
- the Direction des Systèmes d'Informations Mutualisés de l'UGA (DSIM ex-SIMSU)
- the Maison des Sciences de l'Homme - Alpes (MSH Alpes)
GRICAD is part of the calculation pyramid as a Tier 2 of the Grenoble site.
The unit interacts with its Tier 2 counterparts at other sites through various projects,
in particular Equip@Meso project.
GRICAD works closely with Tier 1 (national centres, in particular IDRIS and CINES) and GENCI (Grand Equipement National pour le Calcul Intensif).
Finally, the unit also interacts, particularly at the technical level, with other national structures such as: